Made with 100% recycled plastic. How do reusable bags help our environment?
- The average reusable bag has the lifespan of over 700 plastic bags and the average person uses between 350-500 plastic bags a year. One person alone can save over 22,000 plastic bags in their lifetime by using a reusable bag.
- Since plastic bags are so lightweight they usually fly away from landfills and litter our oceans, beaches and forests, where they can cause harm or death to animals that ingest them.
- Fourteen plastic bags contain enough petroleum to drive a car one mile, and it takes over 12 million barrels of oil to produce the amount of plastic bags the US consumes each year.
- Americans use over 100 billion plastic bags each year. Over 500 billion are used worldwide and of that amount about 4 billion plastic bags become litter.
What can you do to help?
- Use a reusable shopping bag whenever possible.
- Turn down a bag at the store if you do not need one.
- Put more items in each bag, if possible, to reduce the amount of bags you are using.