Sitka National Historical Park

Sitka National Historical Park

Tall totems with the carved history of the Tlingit and Haida people border trails through fragrant spruce and hemlock rain forest in Alaska’s oldest federal park. Established in 1910 to commemorate the 1804 Battle of Sitka between Tlingit and Russian forces, the park’s 113 acres contain a historic battlefield and offer spectacular scenery. The Russian Bishop’s House, built in 1843 and restored to its original condition, is one of three surviving examples of Russian colonial architecture in North America. The National Park Service preserves both of these special places. Sitka National Historical Park

Compare Selected