- Hikes within driving distance of Anchorage and its environs
- 100 day hikes, from iconic to beginner to lung-burner!
Day Hiking: Southcentral Alaska features 100 day hikes in the populous region around the Greater Anchorage area. Starting with the immense and accessible Chugach State Park, the guide includes hikes north of the city to include the Matanuska–Susitna Valley and Hatcher Pass areas, and also trails near Eagle River, Palmer, and Wasilla. There are hikes along Cook Inlet and Turnagain Arm, including near Girdwood, Portage Glacier, and Whittier, as well as all of the Kenai Peninsula--Chugach National Forest, Kenai National Wildlife Refuge, Kachemak Bay State Park and State Wilderness Park, Soldotna, Homer, and more.
- "Hikes at a Glance" highlights features of each hike
- Difficulty rating, elevation gain, distance, and best season for each trail
- Detailed driving directions to trailheads
- Useful trail icons for dog-friendliness, glaciers, lakes, and more
- Convenient, compact, and packable size
- Full-color photos throughout